We will pay special attention to everything related to wedding and honeymoon photography on islands. As a professional photographer working in the area of the South Pacific, I always pay attention to island-specific light. I highly advise choosing an experienced photographer who, as I do, works on islands and knows how to deal with the different natural light.
The post-production is also very important to be able to reveal the beautiful colors of the Pacific Islands. I remember that it took me some time to perfectly deal with all the elements and to create timeless and epic images on islands.
In my articles you will also find information which could help you to define:
- Your favorite island for a “once in a lifetime event”
- The most adapted islands to get epic pictures with a professional photographer
- The best venues on the Pacific Islands
- The type and style of your event (tailor-made or “off-the-rack” events)
- Islands more adapted to honeymoon, wedding or adventure trips
- The importance of calling on a professional photographer who is used to working on islands and who can deal perfectly with the islands’ light, colors and compositions
The Polynesian Islands are composed of 118 geographically dispersed islands and atolls and are spread out on over 2, 000 km in the South Pacific. 67 islands are inhabited, and the most populated island is Tahiti. The most popular and visited are the Society Islands: Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Huahine, Raiatea and Maupiti. Each island has something special to offer and its “mana” (spirituality) is unique.
Bora Bora, called “The Pearl of the Pacific”, is one of the most famous and beautiful islands in the world. It is an excellent destination for each occasion, although the romantic and luxurious honeymoons and elopements are the most popular. It is also beginning to become a new destination for weddings. Bora Bora offers breathtaking views, blissful relaxation, excellent cuisine, nautical activities and the best luxury hotels in the South Pacific (*) -scroll to see details
The elopements and intimate weddings can be organized in these resorts. You will be able to choose between “ready-made” packages in the hotel or a tailored, unique wedding organized by a wedding planner/designer.
Bora Bora is a perfect destination for your photography project. If you are looking for spectacular, dream-like pictures, like so many postcards from paradise. It is the ideal place to get some incredible aerial images in the crystalline water, on the soft white sand beaches, under the palm trees or in front of the famous Mt. Otemanu.
We advise contacting a certified photographer for aerial projects, as flying without special permits is prohibited in the central zone of Bora Bora.
- The Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, which has one of the most incredible views on the main island
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, which offers excellent service and some of the most luxurious bungalows and villas on the island
- The Conrad Bora Bora Nui - beautifully located and very spacious, the only resort which faces the open sea and has a few vast beaches
- The Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa which offers an excellent spa and extra luxurious Brando Suites
- The Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, which is a member of the prestigious luxury hotel association Relais & Châteaux
Moorea is one of the most charming and cutest islands in this area. The feeling of tranquility is omnipresent. Moorea, called in ancient times Eimeo, is much calmer and relaxing than her neighbor sister Tahiti. It was once an exile island for regnant families. Now it continues in this role as a haven for people from Tahiti: they come here to enjoy the tranquil life during weekends and holidays.
Moorea has some extraordinary landscapes to offer: the beautiful line of curiously shaped mountains, melting into all the shades of blue of the lagoon. It is a perfect destination for people who appreciate tranquility and charming places, without too much pomp and grandeur. It is a wonderful place for an intimate wedding or elopement. It is also a photogenic place to take and to get beautiful and varied pictures. Here, you will find some dreamy, soft sand white beaches with heavenly lagoons (for example Les Tippaniers or Tamae Beach). You will also get wilder pictures in the famous Cook and Opunohu Bays or in the mountains (some great points are easily accessible like the Belvédère view point).
In Moorea you will find hotels like the Hilton, Sofitel or Manava but also a lot of “fare” (“home” in Tahitian), lovely villas (breathtaking Hirinaki Villa or Bella Vista) and guesthouses (stylish Moorea Beach Lodge).
Tahiti is the highest and the largest of the Society Islands. It is an economic and cultural center and the only place in French Polynesia with an international airport.
Tahiti is known for its spectacular mountains, valleys, hiking tracks, big waves (the worldwide famous wave in Teahupo’o), black sand beaches, and whale-watching tours. It is a perfect destination for adventurous people, wilderness lovers, and those looking for a perfect balance between civilization and nature, marine life and wildlife.
It has a few nicely located hotels which are the ideal places for a wedding or for a few days’ stay for other occasions (*) -scroll to see details.
Weddings can be organized in these resorts. They offer “ready-made” wedding and event packages. If you prefer a unique, tailored wedding, we recommend connecting with an event planner or wedding agency. Your photographs from Tahiti will reveal the wilderness aspect, with lots of vegetation and some iconic views like on Moorea Island. If you are looking for some ideas for a photo shoot in Tahiti, we can suggest a few intimate, even mystical places (*) -scroll to see details.
Of course, we are here to advise you and help you further if needed, just connect with us.
- Intercontinental Tahiti Resort & Spa which has a spacious, luxuriant garden with a great view of Moorea Island
- Ia Ora Tahiti Resort managed by Sofitel, which is smaller and more low-key
- Manava Resort with a beautifully designed pool
- Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, a member of the “Relais & Châteaux” luxury hotel association.
- Tautira: a long black sand beach with a spectacular view of the mountains
- Taharuu beach in Papara, a popular place for surfing and for long walks on the beach
- Three waterfalls situated in the north, famous for local fashion and styled shoots
- Vaiava Beach (also called “la plage PK18”), white sand beach with a beautiful view on Moorea
- Venus Point, next to the Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort
Tahaa is a very charming island, a jewel among the Society Islands. It is a preserved and authentic place; there’s no airport (we reach the island by boat from Raiatea) and not much traffic on the island. There are no beaches on the main land, but the “motu” (keys) which surround it are pure heaven: soft sands, azure water, charming bungalows. The best hotels are located on the “motu”:
- Le Tahaa Island Resort & Spa is located on the Tau Tau “motu” and is a member of Relais & Châteaux; it is a delightful and cosy place to stay
- Vahiné Island located on the Tuuvahine Motu is a very tranquil and paradisiacal place, perfect for blissful relaxation; the number of guests is limited, and it is perfect for private events
Tahaa island is known for its pearls and vanilla farms. It is the perfect destination for all kinds of elopements and romantic journeys with your photographer.
Tetiaroa is a magical place where you can feel what relaxing in paradise truly means. Tahitians consider this island as sacred. The white beaches and crystalline water are unique. Nature rules supreme, and this island is much more eco-oriented than Bora Bora. Actor Marlon Brando loved this island so much that he decided to buy it!
A photoshoot on Mermaid Bay at The Brando Resort is one of the best ideas you can have. There are so many dreams to create, and photography projects to schedule on this island. Whether to elope or get married, or just to share a special event with the people you love!
The Pacific has so much to offer! The light is incredible and the landscapes are unique. We specialize in destination weddings in the Pacific and will gladly travel to any location in the Pacific to capture your wedding celebrations!
For a quote for your project, do not hesitate to discover our offers and contact us.